Line is a kind of messenger system, like Skype only it’s based out of South Korea. It’s kind of a weird cross between Twitter, Tumblr, and Skype really, you’ll find pictures, chat message, phone services, and you can join in on live chats as well. Anyway, a bunch of people have been looking for directions on installation, so here you go!
GETTING “LINE” DOWNLOADED INITIALLY
You can try just searching for “Line” in your smartphone app store or by visiting their website (https://line.me/en/download). On your smartphone, it’s usually the first or second result and is a green button that says “Line.” You can now set Line up on just a computer. You do NOT need to have a smartphone account to set it up.
*Note that the website link has changed from my old posting. Their new address is https://line.me/en/download.
PLEASE NOTE! IF YOU DOWNLOAD LINE ON YOUR COMPUTER, THEN PUTTING IT ON YOUR PHONE WILL DELETE YOUR COMPUTER ACCOUNT AND ALL ITS MESSAGES. THIS IS NOT TRUE THE OTHER WAY. HOWEVER, TO LOG INTO YOUR COMPUTER AFTER YOU PUT IT ON YOUR PHONE, YOU MUST ENTER A VERIFICATION # ON YOUR PHONE. SO BEST TO PICK ONE MACHINE FOR LINE AND THEN STICK WITH IT. DON’T GO BACK AND FORTH!
To Download It on Your Computer:
- Visit the website: https://line.me/en/download
2. Choose your PC system – MAC OS, Windows or Windows 8/10. I don’t use Apple, so I tried it with both the Windows and Windows 8/10 systems.
Windows opens up a download file. Download it, open it when it’s finished and follow the instructions for installing it.
Windows 8/10 opens up the Windows store. You install it through there, and it’ll open up to the “Sign-In” or “Sign-Up” page.
Both systems then go through the same Sign-Up Process:
3. Add your Phone Number. Hit “Next.” They will call you or text you quickly with a a four number confirmation code. Put it in the new box and hit “Next.”
4. Now they will ask you to add a Password. Hit “Next.”
5. Give them your email address. Go on. They will email you with another confirmation code to that email. Go to your email and get the code. Put it in the box on the “Sign-Up” Page.
6. Voila! You should have your Line account started on your computer🙂 It looks like this now:
To Download It on Your Phone:
- Visit the website: https://line.me/en/download. Or go to your phone’s store and search for “Line.” It should be a green box with a speech bubble and line inside:
2. Download the app and install it on your phone.
3. The “Sign-Up” system will be the same as it was with your computer.
4. Put in your Phone Number. They’ll call you with a confirmation code.
5. Put in a password.
6. Put in your Email Address. They’ll email you with another confirmation code.
7. It’s ready to go!!