BUYING YOUR HOSTING SERVICE:
You can get a discount on your service if you purchase HostGator with the PCMAG discount code via this link. The basic service (I did a Hatchling program) is around $3-5 per month with the discount and depending on how many months you purchase.
Additional Costs & Available Services:
- Domain Name (prices vary based on what ending you want – .com, .org, .net, .me)
- Domain Privacy Protection Service at $1.08/month.
- Protect Your Site from hackers at $19.99/year
- Professional Email (if you want one – I don’t) at $5/month
- Back-up your work daily at $19.95/year
PAYMENT & CARD VERIFICATION
Hostgator is a little serious about protecting your privacy. So you have three ways to purchase your package — Credit Card, E-Card, or Paypal. For the cards, your billing address and phone number must be the same as you have on your Card Statement each month.
You may be asked to verify your card or payment information afterwards. You must do this in 48 hours. For information on how to do that click here.
On HostGator, you have two websites you’ll be operating with. As soon as you finish your purchase, you’re going to get two different emails from them.
- The first should have the Subject ‘Billing.’ That’s your Billing Account information. This email should give you a link to the Billing Account, your Login Name / Email Address, and a Password.
- The second should have the Subject “Your Account Info.’ That’s the information for accessing your new Control Panel for your Website! It will also tell you the link to the CP, your Login Name, the Password, your server and some other details.
KEEP BOTH OF THESE EMAILS!
I recommend logging into both websites and changing your password to something more memorable. But you won’t be able to do anything with the billing account until verification is completed.