How to Install and Start Editing your WordPress Site on Hostgator!!
STEP #1 – Sign Into your CONTROL PANEL. If you aren’t sure how, look here.
See the button in the picture above that says “WordPress – 1 Click Installation?” Click it 🙂
Click the down arrow and choose the domain name (URL: http://www.deceptivelyblonde.com) that you have created on HostGator and was to set up as a WordPress Site. Click “Next”
Fill in your Name and information for the WordPress Site. Be careful – if the email address you use already has a WordPress Site attached to it, they’ll want to add this site to your old WordPress account. If you don’t want to do that, you’ll have to create a new WordPress account.
You’re installing! Wait, Wait, Wait!
Awesome! Your Installation is Complete. Pay attention to the “Installed to:” “Username” and “Password” — You’ll need these next.
Take that “Installed To:” URL and put it in your URL field at the top of your browser. It should be the url you chose for your website. Basically, just go visit your new site. It’ll show the image below:
For example: “https://www.deceptivelyblonde.com”
This is the page that everyone else is going to see until you finally publish your completed site. But for now, just click “Admin Login.” In the picture below, enter the username and password that they gave you before.
Viola! You’ll be on the familiar “WordPress” dashboard instead of the Hostgator dashboard. Now you can go through the steps and start setting up your website. (I’ll post another instruction set for that later. 🙂
MPRE scores are posted if you took the test Nov. 2013! Meaning I just spent 45 minutes trying to figure out where they were going to show up. Now that I have located it, I thought I’d share the directions in case anyone else was having the same problem. 🙂 CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE.
METHOD 1 = Easiest Method
- Click THIS Direct Link to Your File Cabinet on the NCBEX/MPRE Site.
- Log in when it asks. This will take you to the File Cabinet; all you have to do is click the “MPRE Score” link and it will show you the scaled score.
METHOD 2 = Just in Case
- There are two ways to go about this.
- Click “Score Services” on the Main page shown above (light blue button under “NCBE Account”
- Click “Log in” from the top right of the Main Screen shown above.
- Either one will take you to the NCBE account log-in page. There you need to sign in with your email address and password.
- Now you are going to be on your account (Score Services takes you to Score Services; Log in goes to Account Home). Doesn’t matter which page you’re on, it’ll still have the same menu on the top. This menu is what you’re looking for.
- On the menu at the top of this page, the far right option will be “File Cabinet.” Click that.
- Voila! Now you just click on the “MPRE Score” link, and you’ll see your scaled score!
MPRE SCORE PAGE
Looks like this. You need the “Scaled Score.” Now go check out the State MPRE Requirements to see where your score is sufficient to meet their laws. You need at least a 75, usually higher, for all but Puerto Rico, Maryland, and Wisconsin.
So, this may have been obvious to other people, but it took me a little while to pick up how this worked. So I thought I would share the process!
Sorry for the video quality!